Source: 33 Days Prayer March
Rev Fr Emmanuel Obimma – 33 Days Prayer March (Day 1) – Fr. Ebube Muonso
Are You Ready to Accept the Lord Jesus Christ?
Matthew 16:24, 1peter 2:21, 1 Corinthians 11:1-2. John 8:12
Saint Paul’s letters to the early church emphasizes the need for believers to follow the teachings of Jesus, and apply them in their lives, just as His disciples did. As it was with the early church, the Holy Spirit is still equipping the church to follow Jesus (1Corinthians 12: 7-11). By choosing to follow Jesus, we become part of Christ’s riches in glory. Apparently, following Jesus brings about many earthly benefits. Ever since I became a priest, I have felt a significant difference in my life. I’ve come to understand that God wants us to trust and follow Jesus for our own good. As we entrust our lives to Jesus, and begin to follow Him, nothing will stop us from becoming blessed people on earth.
1. Lift up your hands and sing this song: I have chosen the way, I have chosen the way, I have chosen the right way, the way to Calvary.
2. Lord, I thank you for the many gifts and grace you give to your children; and for the people that come into our lives who mean so much to us.
3. Thank you for the sweet fellowship we enjoy with brothers and sisters in Christ. How good it is to work when members of your body live together in love and unity.
4. Lord, I thank you for the word of repentance. Please, have your perfect way in my life and let the precious Blood of Jesus cleanse me from all my sins.
5. Lord, I thank you for your forgiveness. I thank you for not abandoning me to my mistakes; rather, you brought me home so that I would be filled with eternal rest.
6. Lord, please do not convict me of sin, but help me to accept your mercy without shame. I thank you for the finished work of Jesus Christ at Calvary for my sake.
7. Lord, help me to live up to the love you have for your children; and cover me with the fire of the Holy Ghost to shield me from all evil, hurts and charms of the enemy.
8. Lord, for too long I have kept you out of my life. I know that I am a sinner and I cannot save myself. I will continually keep the doors of my life open to you.
9. By faith, I receive your gift of salvation. I am ready to trust you as my Lord and savior, for bearing my sins and giving me the gift of eternal life. I believe your words are true.
10. Come into my heart, Lord, Jesus, and be my savior. I believe you are the son of God who died on the cross for my sins and rose from the dead on the third day.
11. Lord God, no words can express how filthy I feel each time I break your heart. The guilt and shame are overwhelming. Lord, I need your healing touch right now.
12. Lord, I am so tired of being a nominal child of God; I am equally tired of doing things my own way. I ask for your forgiveness right now.
13. Lord, I am shocked that my life has come to a point where even some sins don’t affect me anymore. I love you and I am very sorry for my selfish actions, especially for these sins (mention them).
14. I thank you, Jesus Christ, for having become the priceless victims to merit favor for me. Awaken in me, such confidence in you, that the fullness of this favor may descend upon my soul.
15. From now, I reject all forms of immorality and immoral thoughts. I break myself loose from these sins by the power of the Holy Spirit.
16. It is written that sin will no longer have dominion over me. I refuse to be dominated by any pattern of sinful life in the world. I must follow Jesus with my whole heart.
17. In the name of Jesus of Nazareth, I refuse to be a slave to women and men. I receive power from God to control myself against fornication, adultery and every sin by the anointing of the Holy Spirit.
18. Ask Jesus Christ to cleanse you of every effect of sin you have brought upon yourself. Also pray for effective relationship with Jesus henceforth.
Pray with Psalm 2